The /k/ sound is also known as
The Crashing Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /k/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /k/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /k/ sound. (Can, Coat, etc.)
2. Practice the /k/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out picture that have the /k/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /k/ sound.
Here are some books you can read to practice the /k/ sound:
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough
- If You Give A Cat A Cupcake by Laura Numeroff
- That’s Not My Cow by Fiona Watt
- Class Clown by Robert Munsch