The /th/ sound is also known as
The Sandwich Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /th/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /th/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /th/ sound. (Bath Toothbrush, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /th/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Look at family photo albums or magazines and talk about what is going on in the photos. (EX. “They are eating”, “There is a dog”, etc.) Make sure to use a good /th/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /th/ or Sandwich Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /th/ sound:
- The Night Before the Tooth Fairy by Natasha Wing
- How to Trick the Tooth Fairy by Erin Danielle Russell
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- No Clean Clothes by Robert Munsch
- The Hat by Jan Brett
- Mittens by Jan Brett