The /f/ sound is also known as
The Fan Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /f/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /f/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /f/ sound. (Fingers, Fridge, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /f/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Practice the /f/ sound by coloring or painting pictures that have the /f/ sound in them (Farm, Family, etc.). Practice saying what they are using a good /f/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /f/ or Fan Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /rf/ sound:
- Fox in Socks by Dr Seuss
- Froggy Learns to Swim by Jonathan London
- Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Pout Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen
- If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- The Muffin Man by Francisco Blane
- Pete the Cat: Firefighter Cat by James Dean