The /ch/ sound is also known as
The Chopping Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /ch/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /ch/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /ch/ sound. (Chair, Couch, etc.)
2. Practice the /ch/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out picture that have the /ch/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /ch/ sound.
3. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /ch/ sound and practice saying them.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /ch/ or The Chopping Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /rf/ sound:
- Chicken on Vacation by Adam Lehrhaupt
- The Great Cheese Robbery by Chris Mould
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault
- Max’s Chocolate Chicken by Rosemary Wells
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- The Sweetest Witch Around by Alison McGhee