The /d/ sound is also known as
The Drumming Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /d/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /d/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have our the /d/ sound. (Dog, Door, etc.)
2. Practice the /d/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out picture that have the /d/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /d/ sound.
3. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /d/ sound and practice saying them.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /d/ or The Drum Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /d/ sound:
- Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems
- If You Give A Dog A Doughnut by Laura Numeroff
- Muddle Puddle by Robert Munsch
- I Was So Mad by Mercer Mayer
- The Sandcastle Contest by Robert Munsch
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears by various authors