The /m/ sound is also known as
The Yummy Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /m/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /m/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /m/ sound. (Milk Mail, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /m/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Practice the /m/ sound by coloring or painting pictures that have the /m/ sound in them (Man, Monkey, etc.). Practice saying what they are using a good /m/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /m/ or The Yummy Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /g/ sound:
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- The. Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- Mmm Cookies by Robert Munsch
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow