The /p/ sound is also known as
The Popping Popcorn Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /p/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /p/ sound when picking up toys.
2. Practice the /p/ sound when putting your shoes on.
3. Practice the /p/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /p/ sound (Pan, Pink, etc.)
Here are some words you can use to practice the /p/ or The Popping Popcorn Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /g/ sound:
- Three Little Pigs by various authors
- Pirates Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
- Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map by James Dean
- Pizza Pat by Rita Golden Gelman
- Piggies In Pajamas by Michelle Meadows