The /s/ blend sounds
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /s/ blend sounds at home.
Ways to Target at Home
Here are some ways you can practice /s/ blend sounds at home:
1. Practice the /s/ blend sounds by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /s/ blend sound. (Scarf, Star, Spoon, etc.)
2. Practice the /s/ blend sounds when playing a board game. Words to practice could be Spin, Space, etc.
3. Play I Spy and find objects that start with /s/ blend sounds
Here are some words you can practice at home:
Here are some books you can read at home to practice /s/ blends:
- Too Much Stuff by Robert Munsch
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow by Lucille Colandro
- Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
- Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
- Snow by Roy Mckie and P.D Eastman
- Ten On A Sled by Kim Norman