The /l/ sound is also known as
The Licking Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /l/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
Here are some ways you can practice the /l/ sound at home:
1. Practice the /l/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /l/ sound. (Ball, lips, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /l/ sound and practice saying them
3. Practice the /l/ sound while packing their lunch. Think of everything that has a /l/ sound in it. Practice saying these words with a good /l sound.
Here are some books that you can read to practice the /l/ sound:
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- How to Catch a Leprechaun by Adam Wallace
- Class Clown by Robert Munsch
- When Your Lion Needs A Bath by Susanna Leonard Hill
- Splat The Cat by Rob Scotton