The /z/ sound is also known as
The Buzzing Sound
Below you will find a helpful video demonstrating the sound, as well as a book list, word list, and ways to target the /z/ sound at home.
Ways to Target at Home
1. Practice the /z/ sound by going on a scavenger hunt and finding things that have the /z/ sound. (Cheese, Zipper, etc.)
2. While reading books together, look for things that start with the /z/ sound and practice saying them.
3. Practice the /z/ sound at home by playing hide and seek. Write down words or print out pictures that have the /z/ sound in them. Hide and then find the words together, making sure to practice saying them with a good /z/ sound.
Here are some words you can use to practice the /z/ or The Buzzing Sound:
Here are some books you can read to practice the /z/ sound:
- Zoom by Robert Munsch
- 50 Below Zero by Robert Munsch
- Fuzzy Rabbit by Rosemary Billam
- Zack the Busy Bee by Melissa Palmer
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
- The Very Noisy Bear by Nick Bland